Contrary to popular belief, cow’s milk is not the only source of calcium! The calcium in dairy foods is unbalanced in relationship with phosphorous. Because of this, a lot of the calcium from dairy is incompletely absorbed or incorrectly assimilated.
Here is a list of the great food sources of calcium which are easy for your body to take in:
• nuts (highest are almonds and brazil nuts)
• greens (parsley, collards, dandelion, kale, etc.)
• sea vegetables (highest are hijiki, kelp, wakame)
• sesame seeds / tahini
• canned salmon or sardines with bones
• soup made with bones + one 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to draw out the calcium from the bones
Are you ready for change? Work with me!