Do you or your kids enjoy chicken nuggets, but want an alternative to store bought? Here’s an easy, clean, and yummy recipe that you’ll enjoy! Double or triple the recipe and freeze nuggets in BPA-free freezer storage bags for leftovers. (Ziplock and generic Target and Aldi freezer bags are BPA-free.)
Oven-Fried Chicken Nuggets
– 1-1/4 pounds organic chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
– 1 organic egg
– 1 cup organic almond meal (or flour)
– 1 Tbsp paprika
– 1/2 tsp sea salt
– 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
– 1 Tbsp organic unrefined coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Brush baking sheet with organic coconut oil.
2. Slice chicken breasts into strips or chunks. Or, cut the chicken into fun shapes if you’d like.
3. Season with sea salt and black pepper and tenderize with a fork.
4. In bowl or container, whisk eggs with some salt and pepper.
5. In a second bowl or container, combine the almond meal, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper.
6. Dip chicken into egg mixture.
7. Toss the chicken into the second container of the almond meal mixture and coat the meat.
8. Spread out chicken on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
Are you ready for change? Work with me!